Hello and welcome to A Curious Pair!
Curious No. 1 is our play on a negroni, full of bitter citrus notes riding on a base of pomegranate. Because this drink is packed with strong flavors, we want to make sure it's not going to clash with your meal of choice. We recommend enjoying it alongside a dish that can hold its own — and what could go better with the sweet and bitter personality of No. 1 than a well-curated charcuterie board?
The beauty of a charcuterie board is that it’s super customizable. Meats and cheeses are a great start, but the secret to a truly transcendent spread is incorporating a range of textures and flavors.
Try introducing variety with:
- Slices of smoky prosciutto
- Wedges of sharp parm or creamy cheddar
- Fruit (pomegranate seeds, anyone?)
- You can even add spreads like jam or honey!
They say variety is the spice of life, but we’d like to add that it’s also the spice of charcuterie boards.
This medley of salty, sweet, creamy, and crunchy will give you plenty of snacking options while you enjoy your cool glass of No. 1. What a harmonious combo!
And if you’re looking for a full meal to accompany your drink instead of an app, consider these delish alternatives:
- Margherita pizza: Classic Mediterranean flavors get along great with the sweet pomegranate and zingy citrus of No. 1, while still keeping everything light.
- Mac and cheese: This luxurious dish brings a welcome richness to the bold No. 1 flavor profile. Consider adding some bacon and/or blue cheese to pack in an extra punch of savoriness.
- Baked brie with pastry crust: Feeling fancy? Top off your brie with some slices of warm poached pear and a drizzle of truffle honey. The rich flavors and textures will keep you coming back for refreshing sips of No. 1.
Bon appétit, friends!