After last week's episode of GoT, I think everyone could use a little pick-me-up, especially Dany. So we dreamed up this little booze-free refreshment that you can sip on to gear up for the conclusion of the series. The flavors here are inspired by the blood orange that we've been experimenting with for Curious No. 4 along with our first love from Curious No. 1, the pomegranate:
- 1c Blood Orange Juice
- 1c Pomegranate Juice
- 1/4 c Lime Juice
- 1/4 c Agave Syrup*
- 0.5g Cayenne
- 0.25 tsp Sea Salt (add more to taste if desired)
- 1g Eleuthero Root (Siberian Ginseng)
- 1/8g Gentian Root
Makes (4) 5oz cocktails
*The Curious Elixirs that we offer contain no added sugar, although we love the richness of If you want no added sugar, consider omitting the agave and increase blood orange and pomegranate by ~25%.
• Add all liquid ingredients to medium saucepan over low heat. Gently increase heat until it begins to steam but is not boiling
• Stir in cayenne, sea salt, Siberian Ginseng, and ginseng thoroughly. Be careful not to have clumps if using a ginseng powder. Kill heat and allow to steep for 20min.
• Stir and strain mixture into container. Place into fridge to chill for at least 3 hours.
TO BUILD DRINK:
• Add 5oz of mixture to ice in a shaker. Shake vigorously and strain into a rocks glass.
• Garnish with Blood Orange, and an optional salted rim
• Raise your glass and toast to your queen's health: "Valar Morghulis. Valar Dohaeris."
- Tags: recipes