These mini strawberry pavlovas are as delicious as they are beautiful. This gorgeous recipe comes from the always genius Swarnika Prakash, who describes them as "crispy on the outside and soft and marshmallowy inside."
We recommend pairing these luxurious treats with Curious No. 8. As Swarnika says, No. 8 is "wonderful to soothe your spirit and boost your body with some of nature's most magical ingredients after a long day." We couldn't agree more!
Though this recipe takes a little more work than some of our previous suggestions, we think you'll find it's worth the effort. This is really one of those recipes where you can taste the love put into it!
What You'll Need
For the Pavlovas:
- 5 egg whites
- 250g super fine sugar
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ cup melted chocolate
For the Chantilly Cream:
- 1 cup whipped cream
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Fresh strawberries, halved, for topping
What You'll Do
- Preheat oven to 215F
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add room-temperature egg whites and cream of tartar. Whip on medium-low speed until the egg whites form soft peaks.
- Reduce the speed and gradually add sugar one spoonful at a time. When all the sugar has been added, increase the speed to medium and whisk until the mix is glossy (about 10 minutes).
- Add vanilla extract and cornstarch and fold it into the meringue.
- Using two spoons, dollop the meringue onto a baking sheet. Drizzle over a spoonful of chocolate and swirl it into the meringue.
- Bake for 2 hours. Let cool in the switched-off oven for at least 4 hours.
- Combine whipped cream, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla extract. Whisk to hard peaks. Dollop or pipe Chantilly cream onto the baked pavlovas.
- Top with fresh strawberries.
- Enjoy with Curious Elixir No. 8.
- Tags: recipes