If you're familiar with Curious Elixir No. 6, you know it's a drink for all seasons. It pairs especially well with desserts — and boy oh boy, do we have a dessert recommendation for you, courtesy of the amazing Swarnika Prakash! Read on to discover how you can bring this stunning coconut and pineapple tart to life.
What You'll Need
For the Crust:
- 12 graham cracker cookie sheets (180g)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 7 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling:
- 1 ¼ cups whipping cream, chilled
- ½ tsp coconut extract
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 6oz mascarpone, refrigerated
- 1 ½ cups Pineapple curd
For the Pineapple curd:
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup canned pineapple juice
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, chilled
For the Topping:
- 6 pineapple slices, cored
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup canned pineapple juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
What You'll Do:
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Place graham cracker cookies and sugar in a food processor. Pulse until fine crumbs are formed.
- Add melted butter and pulse for 15 seconds to combine.
- Transfer cookie crumbs into 8-inch tart pan and press into place. Bake for 10 minutes and let cool to room temperature.
- For the pineapple curd: Add all ingredients except butter into a saucepan and whisk to combine. Cook over low heat, stirring continuously, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Use a sieve to strain into a clean container and whisk in chilled butter. Cover with cling wrap, pressing down so it touches the surface of the curd. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Combine whipping cream, coconut extract, and confectioners' sugar in a large bowl and whip to medium-hard peaks.
- Add mascarpone and whip to incorporate.
- Add pineapple curd and fold in without deflating. Dollop the filling into the tart shell and smooth with a spatula. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- For the caramelized pineapples: Add brown sugar and pineapple juice to a shallow pan. Heat until sugar is dissolved. Add pineapple slices and cook until well caramelized and syrup is thickened. Stir in vanilla and remove from heat. Let cool to room temperature.
- Top the tart with caramelized pineapples and enjoy!
If you go on this sweet adventure, DM us on Insta! We'd love to see pictures and hear about your experience.
- Tags: recipes